Tuesday, February 24, 2009

29 FeB~..



Assalamualaikum,

The entry today is titled 29 February..why i posted this entry? this year is not even a leap year and I should post this entry about 1 year ago (2008 is a leap year) but what the heck..I don't even have a blog at that time . Even though it's a year late but I've keep thinking by myself about why there is a day extra in February every 4 years.

The mystery always pop up in my mind during the month of February, every year but I didn't bother to search for the answer until today hehe . It's not because I'm lazy or not but I just think it doesn't really affect my daily life..I depend on the internet to search for the answers as I didn't ask anyone regarding to this matter. There's a lot of answers to it but they're lengthy and complicated with all those maths formulas. Yeah..maths does play an important part for the answer. As I spend some time to search for the answer and then wallaa I've found a simple and easy to understand statement.

Even though it's not so that important but at least we can gain some general knowledge and I should share this with u guys .

Q.

Every 4 years we have an extra day in February making it 29 days. How did they come up with Leap Year?



Ans.

A day is not actually 24 hours long. It's actually 23 hours, 56 minutes and 10 seconds long. In four years the 'lost' time would equal exactly another day so we have an extra day added to February. This means that a year is 365 1/4 days long. In 4 years, we have four 365 day years and four quarter from those years - which equal an extra day.


Till we meet again.

1 comments:

NukM4N said...

huhuhu... thanks for this info.. aku pun x tahu sebenarnye