Just saw this news article on the internet today. This article shows dat our IT security is very weak. Who should be blamed if there is data theft.? moreover the data is critical and confidential.
Sy amat bersetuju dgn mantan perdana menteri kita..Tun Mahathir Mohamad..we have 1st world infrastructure but 3rd world mentality. Ni adelah salah 1 contoh yg jelas dan nyata huhu :).
Slipper shocker at high-tech server chamber
JOHOR BARU: The state treasury’s server room, equipped with high-tech features to prevent theft, was not that secure after all.
A pair of slippers was being used as a door-stopper despite the fact that the room was fitted with a biometric thumb print reader!
Auditors made the discovery during a visit to the server room in Dec 2008.
According to the Auditor-General’s 2008 report, backed with a picture of the slipper at the door, all the other necessary features such as fire extinguishers, backup data in the server, equipment for uninterrupted power supply, anti-virus software and firewalls were available.
The report stated that the biometric entry system for the server room was not fully enforced.
This was among the problems identified when auditing the management of the state’s standard computerised accounting systems applications, known as SPEKS.
The report also revealed that overall, the SPEKS system was not up to mark and had not achieved its objective.
On the security management for SPEKS, the report showed this was also not satisfactory as users did not regularly update their passwords which could lead to hacking of the system.
SPEKS was developed at a cost of RM59.07mil to realise the Federal Govern-ment’s need for a uniform computerised accounting system in all 11 states in the peninsula.
The project development cost for Johor alone was RM6.22mil.
The development of the system covers 11 modules, which connects the state treasury with all relevant agencies.
article taken from The Star
Who Am I
- ▼ 2009 (84)
Kwn Bloggers ;)
I learn a new word and definition today..Infatuation.
Does this word ring a bell? For those who doesn't know:
is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love; addictive love. Usually, one is inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone.
(Taken from Wikipedia)
Logically the definition above is somewhat same as Love..but it is not Love. Love as according to Wikipedia is:
a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person.
I wonder whether the feelings whenever we seeing someone is just an Infatuation or Love. Fortunately, I've found out an article that can explain this.
Is What I'm Feeling Infatuation or Love?
There are some feelings we have when infatuated that we don’t have when we’re feeling love. Some of the “symptoms” of infatuation are; feelings of panic, uncertainty, overpowering lust, feverish excitement, impatience, and/or jealously.
When infatuated, we are thrilled, but not happy, wanting to trust, yet suspicious. There are lingering, nagging doubts about our “partner in infatuation” and their love for us. We’re miserable when they’re away, almost like we’re not complete unless we’re with them. It’s a rush and it’s intense. It’s difficult to concentrate. And most infatuation relationships have a high degree of sexual charge around them. Somehow being with them is not complete unless in ends in some type of sexual encounter.
Do any of these “symptoms” resemble feelings of love? Hardly. So why do we become infatuated? Where does it come from? Perhaps it’s biological.
When infatuated we experience a surge of dopamine that rushes through the brain causing us to feel good. Norepinephrine flows through the brain stimulating production of adrenaline (pounding heart). Phenylethalimine (found in chocolate) creates a feeling of bliss. Irrational romantic sentiments may be caused by oxytocin, a primary sexual arousal hormone that signals orgasm and feelings of emotional attachment. Together these chemicals sometimes override the brain activity that governs logic.
The body can build up tolerances to these chemicals so it takes more of the substance to get that special feeling of infatuation. People who jump from relationship to relationship may be craving the intoxicating effects of these substances and may be “infatuation junkies”.
When the chemical flood dries up, the relationship either moves into a loving romantic one or there is disillusionment, and the relationship ends.
credit to selfcreation.com
NAP..seperti yg korang tau..NAP adelah akronim utk National Automotive Policy atau dlm bahasa melayunya Polisi Automotif Nasional. Baru2 ni kerajaan dah pun keluarkan revised NAP beberapa hari lepas. Sy mmg tertunggu2 dgn pengumuman revised NAP dari kerajaan ni dan sy harapkan ade impact yg positif tapi apabila polisi baru tu di umumkan..sy agak kecewa. Sy amat berharap polisi automotif negara dpt membantu meningkatkn daya saing kita dlm industri ni especially di kalangan negara ASEAN tapi nampaknya jiran2 kita akn meninggalkan kita lebih jauh lg ke belakang.
Kecewa sebab polisi tu membebankan rakyat terutamanya berpendapatan rendah dan tak mempunyai income yg stabil. Di sini sy sertakan senarai NAP yg di keluarkan beberapa hari lepas.
* A total of 18 new policies and measures covering licencing, duties, incentives, technology and environment, safety and standards and APs to be effective January 1st 2010.
* Open AP system to be scrapped by December 31 2015.
* AP holders will be audited twice a year.
* A gazetted Customs pricelist for used CBU cars to be established to supplement the current list of new CBU cars. This will be used to prevent underdeclaration of grey import vehicles by declaring then as “used” instead of new in order to manipulate the price, as the gazetted pricelist is currently only for new vehicles.
* A large chunk of the RM300 million expected to be collected from the RM10,000 per Open AP fee to be used to develop the auto industry and increase Bumiputra entrepreneurship participation in the auto industry.
* Import duty on CBU & CKD cars maintained.
* Import of used parts to stop in June 2011.
* Incentives and exemptions will be increased to develop local auto parts.
* Franchise APs to be terminated by December 31 2020.
* Foreign firms can apply for manufacturing licenses to hold 100% shares in firms to produce vehicles with engine capacity of larger than 1,800cc and costing more than RM150,000. This will open up the upper end of the market while keeping the lower end where Proton and Perodua are protected.
* Issuance of new Manufacturing License to be unfrozen for selected segments – hybrid and electric vehicles, pick-up trucks, commercial vehicles and motorcycles with engine capacity of 200cc and above
* Vehicles 15 years and older will have to be tested annually for roadworthiness; provisions to be made for vintage cars.
* A new strategic partnership between Proton and an established manufacturer will be established.
* Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment to establish clear roadmap for fuel standards and quality towards Euro 4M standards to be implemented by 2011
* Automotive Development Fund and Industrial Adjustment Fund will be continued. Despite excise duty and import duty being the same across the board for all makes whether ‘national’ or foreign, cars that have a decent amount of local content as well as proof of local activities such as R&D will receive incentives from the funds. This is where national makes like Proton gets an advantage – despite an equally high excise duty, it gets rebates because its cars are developed locally. Supposedly anyone who meets the fund requirements are able to get the same incentives, but it’s safe to say only Proton has that much investment in the Malaysian auto industry.
* Exemptions on statutory income from exported goods will be increased to 30% from 10% for goods with at least 30% value-added content (I’m guessing this means local content), and from 15% to 50% for goods with at least 50% value-added content.
Sy cuma nk bercerita sket psl polisi ni satu per satu..
Psl AP..Open AP (Approved Permit) hanya akn dimansuhkan pd 2015 dan Franchised AP hanya akn dimansuhkn pada tahun 2020! Kenapa mengambil masa yg terlalu lama utk mansuhkan AP yg di kaitkan dgn unsur2 korupsi, kronisme dan jgk monopoli. Rakyat ptt mendapat hak yg sama rata utk mengimport kenderaan luar dn jgk mencetuskn persaingan yg secara tak langsung akn memberi manfaat kpd rakyat.
Duti import utk kenderaan CBU & CKD di kekalkan..rmai yg tertunggu2 harga kenderaan akn jatuh bila AFTA di kuatkuasakan..dalam mimpi je la nmpk gayenye huhu.
Import of used imported parts akn dihentikan pada 2011..ada yg tak kena dgn polisi ni kerana polisi ni yg akn membebankan rakyat secara keseluruhan. Lebih2 lagi dgn polisi kenderaan yg berusia lebih 15 tahun perlu di periksa di Puspakom sebelum dpt memperbaharui road tax.
Seperti yg kita nmpk..rmai rakyat negara ni yg menggunakan kenderaan import lama..x kira di kampung ke atau di bandar. Masalahnya bukan dari segi diorang mampu pakai kenderaan import..diorang beli kenderaan import lama sebab walaupn dah berusia tapi reliable dan tahan lasak. Kenderaan2 import lama ni jgk ade yg lebih murah dari kereta nasional yg baru..oleh sebab tu kenderaan tersebut jadi pilihan rakyat yg berpendapatan rendah. Mereka yg mempunyai kenderaan import lama ni bergantung pada spare part terpakai import..terutamanye dari kedai potong. Walaupn terpakai tapi masih berkeadaan baik dn murah..yg paling penting skali original. Of course ade spare part yg original tapi sangat mahal dn susah nk di dapati coz model yg dh lama x di keluarkan. Sy yakin selepas waktu itu spare part imitation yg x di ketahui ketahanannye akn flourish di pasaran..tu tak termasuk lg pasaran gelap.
Pemilik2 kenderaan ni pula di bebankan dgn pemeriksaan Puspakom yg di belenggu korupsi. Kau nk lepas test ni tak? Suma bley setel dgn RMxx. Kalo tak berjanggut la nak tunggu keta kau lepas test Puspakom huhu. Kalau kenderaan ade masalah..kne repair dlu baru boleh lepas tapi masalahnye spare part dah mahal n susah nk cari. Akhirnya pemilik terpaksa lepaskan kenderaan mereka coz tak mampu utk melepasi peraturan.
Kerajaan patut sedar yg bukan suma orang mampu pakai kenderaan baru..mereka yg berpendapatan rendah dan income yg x stabil susah nk dptkn pinjaman kenderaan..dan ade jugak mereka yg tak mahu di bebani hutang sampai 9-10 tahun. Lebih2 lagi harga kenderaan di Malaysia adelah antara yang tertinggi di dunia. Sbg contoh Toyota Camry 2.4v boleh di beli dgn harga RM90,000 di UAE dan RM174,000 di Malaysia.
Polisi yg di umumkan kerajaan ni bagi pendapat sy..adelah polisi utk rakyat terpaksa mendisposekan kenderaan lama secara senyap dan membeli kenderaan nasional yg baru. Kerajaan tak patut membuat lg polisi yg menjerut poket rakyat biasa..dan kerajaan patut mencari jalan utk mcm mana nk meningkatkan taraf hidup rakyat..dan juga dari segi pendapatan agar rakyat mampu utk memiliki kenderaan baru..bukan dgn membuat polisi yg juga secara paksaan.
Date : 8 November 2009 (Sunday)
Time : 9am – 3pm
Venue : Go-kart Circuit, Car Park Western 5, Shah Alam Stadium, Section 13, Shah Alam.
Enquiries : For submitting a team, sponsorship, or queries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information, please visit http://www.autoworld.com.my/10th-anniversary